Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hole-y? Wholely? Holy?



Are you "hole-y" like me? I am riddled with holes on any given day.  

Holes in MY plans to be a good wife, mother, daughter, friend, child of the King...


Holes in my intentions; holes in words and thoughts; and some days, holes in my heart too.


Something from my Bible Study really struck me this week: "We all have God-given hungers for acceptance and satisfaction." 


And the truth is, only God can fill those holes.




Maybe wholely describes you better? Whatever you're doing, you're doing it wholely...with your whole self - - - 110% !?


I asked myself that question today: do I seek Him with my whole heart?

One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:13...

Many of you may know Jer 29:11; it's very popular, but I believe the next 2 verses really MAKE the passage and pack a powerful punch.

Here's all 3:

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (emphasis mine)


Do I seek Him with ALL my heart? If I'm being honest, I have to say no.  I'm not even sure what seeking Him wholeheartedly looks like.  There was another good analogy in my study today; it basically asked, do you hunger for Bread of Life the way starving children hunger for food?

That's something to chew on (no pun intended!)...




And then there's Holy...

and guess what? I am Holy; you are Holy too if you have accepted Christ's amazing sacrifice on the cross! If you have made Him Lord of your life, confessed your sin and asked His forgiveness!

You are REDEEMED! 

I am REDEEMED! My life, my sinful, human, weak life and the multitude of unworthy that it contains, is covered by the blood of Jesus.

I am HOLY! Even it seems like blasphemy to proclaim it, I cannot deny the truth and I am so glad for it!

Because He was spotless...without sin...perfect - I don't have to be and yet He loves me.  He forgives me; His blood covers me and makes me holy.

My effort this week is to remember that redemption daily; how undeserved it is...so that I can continually thank Him for it.







No comments:

Post a Comment