Friday, October 24, 2014

31 Days: Day 24 {Choosing the frivolous over the heavy}

I'm pretty sure I should have titled this series "31 Days of worn-slam-out."





'Cause there is just no other way to put it and it ain't over yet. I'm feeling blessed that I can even form sentences at this point.

I know today is Friday, but with regular Wednesday night activities at church, a Pampered Chef cooking show last night, the State Fair with the kids this morning, and a Pampered Chef vendor event tonight, I think this weekend should be over already! Unfortunately, it's just getting started and I see a lazy Monday morning in my future.
On top of all that, my printer died today.  I'm hoping I can fix it, but of course I need to print materials for my event Sunday afternoon. If I can't fix it, that one will be fun to figure out.







My kids don't even have Halloween costumes yet.
I know I'm a slack Mom!
In my defense, I have been trying to find a Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) costume for Sweetpea and have only been successful at finding them in toddlers sizes.
Now, she is small for 10, but not that small!
Every site-to-store option isn't an option because both Target and Walmart are sold out. I haven't tried Party City yet, but on the website the cheapest Dorothy costume is $30!
If I had time, I'd just make her one, but it's a little late for that now.

I don't know what Buddy wants to be; I'm not sure he knows what he wants to be. 


I know what I want to be though...




DONE with October! LOL

Is anybody else having a crazy October?


I know this post probably seems empty and a little lazy.  In truth, it is.  There is some really heavy, emotionally charged stuff going on that I want to write about but I can't wrap my head or heart around it right now.  I find it hard to write about what I can't make enough sense of to form sentences about.  I'm praying about it and hoping, not only for the words to come, but for the outcome I expect from the situation to miraculously be changed for the better.  Please join me in praying for a special person on my life who is suffering a huge heartbreak and it is just broken.  Many months, and possibly years, of prayer have yet to be answered for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment