Monday, October 27, 2014

31 Days: Day 26 & 27 {Craving the Quiet}



It's noon-ish and I realize I have to leave the house in about 2 hours.
I'm currently in sweats, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, catching up on favorite shows I missed last week, while also "working" from my laptop.
I have no desire to shower and go anywhere, much less see anyone. 

This morning, I packed away Spring scented candles and pulled down my favorite ones of Fall.  Part of my "comfort" is watching them burn as I sit here and enjoy the alone.



This is what happens when introverts like me are forced, by ourselves or someone else, to be OUT for any length of time.
This time it was my 20 year high school reunion that forced me to be more outgoing than is in my nature.

I had fun this weekend and I'm glad I went, but today I just want to hole up and hide. It's sort of like sensory overload, I suppose. I was just SO busy last week Thursday through Sunday on top of my regular weekly happenings that by Sunday evening I just needed some space.
My personal space had been invaded by too many people for too many minutes for 4 long days.



So today was about recovering for me.
I managed to make it through my volunteer time at the school in a cordial manner.  Luckily, I'm there on Mondays mostly to file papers for the teachers and ready the student send-home folders for Tuesday. Talking is minimum and mostly optional {thank goodness}.

Tomorrow morning is another Tuesday and another Bible Study. I still wonder most weeks what on earth I'm doing there?! 
So tonight I pray for a full recovery of my personal space; for my dominant introverted self to feel rested and well.  
Because come morning, I need my less-used leader-side to be "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed," as my Daddy would say. 

A task that's easier said than done!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment