Tuesday, October 28, 2014

31 Days: Day 28 {Pray Like Crazy}




Last year, I wrote this post.

Last Wednesday night, I sat in choir practice as the choir worked on our Christmas songs.
In the middle of practice, we stopped singing and instead began to share and pray about two major prayer requests.
It was a powerful prayer and I was listening and trying to pray alongside the person who was 
praying aloud.
Suddenly, something came over me as heavy as a weighted blanket.  I immediately felt the need to pray for the person I wrote about in the above post.

In my head, a voice was saying her name over and over and over again.
And so that's what I did for the rest of the prayer time.  I said her name and I prayed for her {as I had many times before}; alternating it with "Lord, I'm not sure what's going on, but you know the need."

This feeling has not happened to me a lot.
Truly, there are no accurate words to describe it.
 Last Wednesday, after it was over, I didn't know what it meant.

On Thursday afternoon, I was eating my lunch and scrambling to finish preparing for a cooking show I had that night.
My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID.
I contemplated not answering.

Did I have time to talk, right now?




I answered the phone.
A family member, the husband of the person mentioned above, was on the line.
As he proceeded to tell me of the hell she's been putting him through, I could only listen and cry quietly.  

He called me for help.
In bits and pieces, and a random back and forth pattern, he shared more back-story and more details than I would've ever asked for. 

I didn't know what to say and I didn't think I could help. In fact, I have only felt that helpless a few times in my life.

He was clearly distraught - heartbroken - wondering why YEARS of praying and loving like Christ loves had still not made things better. Seriously? This man must have the patience of Job...

My prayer for him {for her, really} FOR YEARS has been that she would come to know Christ.
How else could she know the relief of true forgiveness? True love? Her own worth? 

And that old saying - to love someone else, you must first love yourself?
It's very true.

So can you please join me in praying for them both? That she will come to know the only One who can set her free from the bondage of unforgiveness, her feelings of unworthiness, and her inability to love another because she doesn't love herself.

That he will stay strong.  That he will know he is loved by so many, but mostly by the One who can heal his heart and his marriage.  That he will know he is NOT his mistakes; that the One who matters most has long forgiven, long forgotten, and long removed those transgressions as far as the 
East is from the West.

Thank you for your prayers.
I can speak for at least two of us when I say we covet them.

I alluded to the subject of this post in my Friday post. I still must be vague and only share this information in a limited, third person perspective.  There is so much more to the story than I am able to write here.  I do not have permission from the subject of this post to write the entire story and if said subject asks me, I will remove or hide this post as he sees fit.  Prayers are powerful and they can make a difference; please join yours with ours.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment