Wednesday, October 29, 2014

31 Days: Day 29 {Divine "Coincidence"}





I've said before that I don't believe in accidents.

Yesterday morning, Tuesday, I was feeling especially unworthy about my role leading the women's small group Bible Study.

Satan did everything possible to keep me from reading and do my homework for the week leading up to our Tuesday morning study.  It was a busy week and a busy weekend and every time I started to pick up my Bible and book, something happened. 
Life...
Distractions...
Urgencies...
Misguided priorities...

I scrambled to get all the work done between Monday evening and Tuesday morning after I dropped my kids off at school.

Honestly, by Tuesday morning, I was an absolute wreck. Tired, cranky, and emotional...

It's these times that Satan chants the loudest:

"What do you think you're doing?"

"You aren't qualified for this!"

"Who do you think you're fooling? They're all going to know you aren't really prepared!"

"You are not good enough to be leading anyone!"





When we left the house and pulled out into the world, I turned on the radio.
I utilize the SCAN button quite often.
There are several local stations including country, pop, easy listening/mix that come in very clearly, without fail.  The main hindrance to me listening to a Christian radio station all the time in my car is the reception.

On Tuesday morning, I scanned so long that I started recognizing the only stations coming in clearly were playing the same song.
They were Christian stations and nothing else was clear.  I can't stand static.
After the second time through, I stopped the scan not even knowing what station number it was on; just knowing it must be THE one to listen to right then.

The very next song was this, and it gets me every time we sing it at church:


It's when I am trying to do it all in my own strength that things seem the worst.
I wish I didn't, but I NEED the reminder, that I NEED Him all the time.  And that ALL THE TIME it's ok to need Him, to cry out to Him, to pray.

 "Where sin runs deep, your Grace is more..."

Praise God for that truth!

My sin runs deep, Lord, but your grace covers me.





No comments:

Post a Comment