Saturday, October 4, 2014

31 Days: Day 3 {Crazy)



"Are you crazy?"

I ask myself this almost daily.

And I must not be officially off my rocker yet, because I don't answer back J


But I really am wondering what I was thinking when I committed to writing every day for 31 days in October.  It's a feat I have yet to accomplish in this blog's existence - almost 4 years.

I used to speak the excuse, "I just don't have the time to write like I want to."
It wasn't necessarily an invalid excuse - not 100% accurate or 100% inaccurate.

The hardest part of writing isn't actually lack of time or lack of material.
It's actually that I'm OVERWHELMED with writing topics.

Things I want to say, but don't know where to start with them or HOW to say them.

When it comes to what I think, there's always a "when" attached.  Because when am I NOT thinking? I have a hard time shutting off my mind in order to rest, relax, go to sleep even.

One of the things I hope to accomplish with this 31 Days of writing is the ability to just transfer thoughts and feelings to words on a screen.  To lay them down without second guessing and over-editing.

I feel that it's part of being transparent, dropping the masks we all use to "hide" parts of ourselves from others.

Being transparent is hard.  It takes courage - bravery - lots of effort.  

Sometimes I think it might even be {crazy}.


No comments:

Post a Comment