Thursday, October 30, 2014

31 Days: Day 30 {Crazy Countdown}





I can NOT believe its day 30 of this 31 Days of Writing journey!
Today was one of those days too convoluted to write about in an intelligible manner.
Instead, I reflect back on what've learned through this process so far...


I CAN accomplish more than I thought I could.

Something I started with {mostly} selfish motivation can be used by God to accomplish something bigger.

After 31 {-ish} posts, I still haven't learned to just let words flow from my fingers to the keyboard without second-guessing or editing and over-editing.  I wish it were that easy.

I am NOT brave - yet.

31 Days of writing made my lack of focus on eating and cooking well a MUCH bigger problem.

Cooking is a creative outlet for me so I need to make more time for it.

The human tongue is like a sword; we should all be careful how we use them.

Even when the bottom drops out, the crazy will not actually carry you away.

Music keeps me sane.

I really despise how competitive our society is; it pits friend against each other, women against each other, and husbands and wives against each other.

True, unconditional love is given with the expectation of nothing in return.

Relationships and intimacy were God's gifts to mankind; Satan has been twisting those same things into weaponry since the Garden of Eden.





Under-handed compliments aren't compliments at all.

Sometimes being {Real} is just too hard. I think we must glaze over the harsh reality sometimes to avoid going insane.

People don't change that much in their lives.  I may be a better version of my high-school self now, but I will always be an introvert by nature.  I'm learning to be ok with that.

Being overcome by the Holy Spirit does not feel like I thought it would, but I'm glad I was wrong.

If you had told me as a kid I would love my closest-in-age-brother as much as I do now, I would have laughed hysterically {'til I cried or snorted; maybe both}

One of the most painful things in the world is watching you someone you love drown in emotional pain.  It's the most helpless feeling I know in my life so far.

I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength {Phil 4:13}

GRACE is the most amazing gift ever.


see the moon up there near the top right?





No comments:

Post a Comment