Wednesday, October 8, 2014

31 Days, Day 8: When Crazy Cooks...

When the going gets crazy, the crazy get cooking!
At least in my house...

Today I made a mushroom quinoa recipe topped with fresh parmesan and asiago.

It was a first attempt and I don't have a great record with quinoa so far, but this was pretty good.







This recipe was shared on Facebook earlier in the week and I thought it looked good.

As it turned out, I didn't have any dried thyme and only 8 ounces of mushrooms instead of 16.  So I halved the recipe and and omitted the thyme.




My Pampered Chef Egg Slicer Plus made quick work of slicing all the mushrooms.



They really do soften up in about 3 to 4 minutes.



I only needed a small amount of parmesan cheese (I did half parmesan and half asiago) so I used my Microplane Zester to grate the cheese right over my bowl.


Isn't it pretty?

It was pretty tasty too!


Afterwards, I thought that fresh spinach and feta cheese might be good substitutes for the mushrooms and parmesan - yum! 
I may have to try that next time!

What do you cook when life gets crazy?







No comments:

Post a Comment