Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 7: Separating the stupid from the crazy

In the past, I've used the phrase "stupid crazy busy" to illustrate to someone how nuts my life has been.
And actually, I don't like that phrase and can't really say why I ever used it in the first place.  Stupid is the "S" word in my house and it's not allowed without consequence.


What I've noticed so far in October is that I am busy. 
I really LIKE being busy.
Some days, I feel that both stupid and crazy are appropriate modifiers for the word "busy."

What I've also noticed is that balance is a really tricky  thing.

When I turn my attention to Spiritual nourishment, for example, my physical nourishment tends to go on the back burner.
Not that I don't eat, just that I don't take as much time to plan meals and actually cook the healthy things I want to eat and want my kids to eat.

the moon tonight...

It might not be the first thing you think when you see me, but I'm actually a very health-conscious person.  I do a lot of research and reading to decide what I want to feed myself and my family and what I want to avoid in our food.

But "eating clean" takes a lot of work.
I've done it for several years now, but when I'm completely on top of it, I literally spend most of the day in the kitchen prepping, cooking, and cleaning up.
So when something else is taking up more of my time, food prep gets the cut.

the moon again...

I know God wants us to be fed both Spiritually and physically and I have to find that balance.

Life gets crazy sometimes, but I need to separate the stupid {or let's say "unintelligent"} from the crazy.

What about you? Do you have something that always goes on the back-burner when life gets crazy?



No comments:

Post a Comment