Monday, November 3, 2014

30 Days of Thanks {for lazy days and more...}


I cannot tell you how thankful I am for lazy Sunday afternoons!
In truth, most of them are not so "lazy,"but I call them that because we make an effort to just come home after church and BE together as a family.
The kids might go play with the neighbor kids, but one or both of us is outside at the same time so we can keep an eye out.
This week, hubby and I cleaned up the garage together and I took down the strictly Halloween decorations {I left up some of the plainer pumpkins and general Fall stuff for a little longer}.

Although we got a lot done, it was a pretty laid back day. That extra hour of sleep didn't hurt either - haha!



I'm thankful for this time of year - Fall is my favorite!
I love taking pictures of all the trees because they can literally change in the course of 1 day.
I did just realize, though, that I haven't taken many pictures over the last two days so this post will contain one lone photo.

I'm also really thankful for Forgiveness - God's forgiveness specifically.

This song is a great one:




"Forgiven"
Well, the past is playing with my head
And failure knocks me down again
I’m reminded of the wrong
That I have said and done
And that devil just won't let me forget

In this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven

My mistakes are running through my mind
And I’ll relive my days in the middle of the night
When I struggle with my pain, wrestle with my pride.
Sometimes I feel alone and I cry.

And in this life
I know what I’ve been
But here in your arms
I know what I am

Well, I’m forgiven
I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven

When I don't fit in and I don’t feel like I belong anywhere
When I don’t measure up to much in this life
Oh, I’m a treasure in the arms of Christ

'Cause I’m forgiven
Well, I’m forgiven
And I don’t have to carry
The weight of who I’ve been
'Cause I’m forgiven.


What are you most thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment